2006-03-06

I question I get sometimes. Some of my friends wonder.

Q: Do I still live with my parents?

A: Yes and No. My family owns a 6 family house in which my sister and I both have apartments in the building. My sister and I take care a lot of the business which goes on there. And yeah, my parents live there too. I don't see them as often as my sister does. When I come home I want to be alone for a little while, sometimes I visit them and something I don't. Believe me it's possible to do that. Everyone asks if my mom cooks for me all the time too. Nope. She knows I like cooking for myself more. She will invite me over for dinner and stuff when we all hang together, but I try to keep that seperate.

So it's cheesy and lame and not sometimes. The way I see it is that I grew up with a ton of aunts, uncles and cousins and we were all raised more or less the polish way. We all stay together and help each other out. Some of my cousins moved away, but not far. Hell, I love my neighborhood too and no way can I beat my rent. Sure I don't pay as much as the highest renter in the buidling, but I am the 2nd highest renter, so there. Everyone thinks I live there for free.

I do take care of the house a lot. Garbage and recycling, shoveling, paperwork, collecting rents and stuff. Owning a house it a pretty big job overall + parents getting older and I love em = I take care of it.

+ i have 100% access to a nice yard, I BBQ all spring summer and fall and hang out on my rood on occasion. How many people get all those freedoms?

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
Gerg-y

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, this is a lot of BS.

The real answer here is, no, you don't live with your parents. Technically, "living with someone" means sharing a dwelling, and both legally, and in point of fact, you don't.

Anybody that calls you a loser for living in the same apartment building with your parents should kindly go F@$k themselves.

The people who are bitching at you live in apartment buildings full of obnoxious strangers that are unpleasant to look at, probably complain about every noise, and are all paying too much too live there.

If people are jealous because you have a good relationship with your parents its because their parents are whoring their sisters out on the corner to get money for cigarettes, crack and malt liquor, and they are jealous, JEALOUS!, that your parents are decent God-fearing and in general, the salt-of-the-earth.

Gergy said...

Holy poop. Didn't realize i had a comment here. Thanks
Glenn, at least u care. hehe
G