2010-02-15

A family fat together, loses weight together.

I can’t believe I did this and that it may actually happen.  I was talking to my parents and the weight conversation came up yet again.  They asked if I had lost weight and I said that only a few pounds but nothing that noticeable.   I think they were deceived cause for years and years I have a habit of holding in my stomach.  Nothing dramatic like I’m trying to look 50lbs thinner or anything, but just some habit I’ve had for years.  

Well it came down to where we all just need to control ourselves and instead of giving my dad a lecture like we all do, I offered him some help.  I told him that we would just challenge each other a little bit in losing weight.  We set a small goal up at first and nothing dramatic, 40lbs.  My mom took us up on the challenge,  she doesn’t need to lose 40, but will lose the weight she needs during our goals overall.   She doesn’t need to rush.

Unfortunately my dad and I both have the same weight goals overall, I won’t mention them here now cause I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment or ridicule.  I know I’m not in good shape and with our families medical history, I shouldn't be this big.

Dad wants to go back home to Croatia this summer but he really doesn’t want to go if he doesn’t lose the weight which is understandable.  He wants to walk around a bit and just go places but he tires fast and not to mention the weight complicates his health and meds.  So if he can lose 40-50lbs, he would be in way better shape for his trip.  And that’s what I’m willing to do with him.  It also means that whatever weight he loses, I’m matching and will try to pass. 

I just have a goal to get back into some better shape other than being just round these days.  I really let myself down these last 2 years.  So now I just need to get back up and start bringing myself together.   I don’t want to be a disappointment still at 40yrs.

I’ll have more on this and myself soon.

G

1 comment:

iBahar said...

i believe in you you are strong!!! :)