2006-02-06

Well I did my good deed for the day already. Upon exiting the subway station I saw a woman with a baby in carraige that needed a hand up the stairs. Guess she didn't realize that there is an elevator at this particular station. So I gave her a hand.

I occasionally find people who need a little help and give them a hand. One of my favorite ones was during a summer years back, I was sitting on my stoop hanging out with my Uncle Benny and just chatting. Accross the street I saw a woman carrying a care package that she wanted to send to Poland. She looked like she was struggling with it. I told my uncle that I'll be back in a few and I'm gonna give her a hand. I was thinking that she wanted to take it to this parcel place just on the corner, nope. This place wan another block and a half. I guess I felt I was a greater deed cause it was farther that I thought and that this woman wouldn't have to struggle. She looked already beaten from wherever she came from. I jump on everything thing that I see as an opportunity, but is it bad to be selective?

No comments: